In order to study this phenomenon, we make a traditional mayonnaise and divide the mixture in two parts:
one will be whipped with a fork and the other one with a Blender (Robot cuts GT 550). The flavour is
modified: with the use of the fork, we get more the butter taste, while with the use of the blender, we get
the taste of the egg. Thus, the difference of the fat droplet size (from 10-4 to 10-5 m with the fork) modifies
the taste of our mayonnaise.
If we want to remove completely the taste of the yolk, we need to use another liquid phase that
contains proteins with surfactant properties. H. This proposed many years ago to did this experiment with
an egg white (that has almost a neutral taste) and also with a solution of gelatine.
· A whip with with very fine sticks (0,5 mm in diameter).
· A container (20 cm of diameter).
· Cold room (brand Dagar) with constant T°C 2°C; precision 2°C.
· Some butter
· Gelatine Rousselot (leaves).
· Egg white
1. Make some clarified butter.
2. Make of solution of gelatine at 20 %.
3. In a container, put either 20 g of the gelatine solution or 20 g of an egg white
4. Add one pinch of salt and homogenize.
5. Pour the clarified butter drops in drop by whipping the white of egg forcefull, like a classic
6. The solution whitens gradually as we introduce the butter.
7. When the mixture is set and viscous, cool it in the frigde about one minute. Thus, the mixture will
become more firm and we can then add the rest of the clarified butter.
Figure 45 : final result
54 / 63
The Kientzheim with a solution of gelatine (approximately 2g for 10g of water), gives a good
III.18.4.5. Discussion/ Interpretation:
In the recipe, we used some clarified butter because the solid phase that we removed may pertub
the setting of the emulsion and also the final appearance. The clarified butter get solid after approximately
half an hour and hardens in the fridge.
This recipe of Kientzheim is appreciated by the Chef, for its taste, its lightness and its sweetness.
Элемент не найден!